[CentOS] Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue Jan 8 01:31:33 UTC 2008

fred smith wrote:
> Firefox does this to me quite frequently, and it always has. every new
> release they say they've improved the stability, but it hasn't made
> any improvement for me in terms of this issue.
>
> I recently downloaded the firefox source and did my own build, just to
> see if the failures might have been due to some small incompatibility
> between the target system the official binaries are built for, and my
> box. Sad to say that while it may not die as often, it still does it.

This doesn't answer the original poster's question, but....

As far as Firefox is concerned you might want to try giving 3.0b2 a
try.  I found it to be significantly more stable than the 1.5.X branch
under Winders and on various Macs (haven't gotten around to trying it on
a CentOS 5.X desktop box yet).

Best,