Resolved: [CentOS] Centos 5 Samba File Server dropping files

J jae at platinumpsi.com
Fri Jan 11 22:31:03 UTC 2008

Well, it seems the problem wasn't with Samba this time around.  ( Quite
possibly, this was the situation last time, as well. )
It seems in order to move the folder, the user chose the handy move
function on the left side of the file manager window.  Choosing that
function dropped her in the middle of "My Documents" into a folder with
the same name as the one on the network, where they moved the files.

Hence, the files were opened, then closed, and then nowhere on the
network to be found, just like the logs said.
I guess, give a user a thousand ways to do things, and they'll do things
a thousand ways.