a quick and dirty hack to 'fix' the problem in a large scale-- RE: [CentOS] Nic order detection

Guolin Cheng guolin at alexa.com
Sun Jan 13 03:32:39 UTC 2008

Michael,

 There are no points to argue about which are the best 'official' ways
which just like a war between vi or Emacs before. I may be stupid but
any methods fix users' problem are the best ones. I've tried the
official 'rename' or udev ways before, but finally I gave up and end up
the two ways I've mentioned. Espectially the seconds, it works perfectly
when I rerolled my Centos 5.0 and 5.1 initrd.img files for custom
Kickstart installation in a really large scale.

Good luck and have a new year.

--Guolin