[CentOS] PHP 5.2.5 when ?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 03:19:51 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 9:59 PM, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org> wrote:

> I recommend rsyslog!

Well okay, now you've drawn me out!

I've been playing with rsyslog recently in the hopes of creating the
'one monitoring server to rule them all' with logging, nagios, ibm
director, etc. It seems the fedora/rh folks made a very good decision
in making rsyslog the default logger in fedora 8, but it works equally
well in centos5 as a drop in replacement for the sysklogd logger. In
addition to the usual logging you get by default in centos, rsyslog
also allows for log templating, regex filtering, alerts, tcp and udp
delivery, logging to database (mysql, but soon postgres) and sane
multi-host log handling. It's a very good competitor to syslog-ng,
without any of the dual licensing bits.  It'll also soon have native
ssl handling for secure log transfer. It's very sexy. I second
Karanbir's recommendation to take a look at rsyslog.

George Orwell