[CentOS] winbind - 32bit vs 64bit

Bleier Thomas Thomas.Bleier at arcs.ac.at
Mon Jan 14 17:28:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,

in the meantime (thinking helps sometimes J) I found a workaround that
worked for me, but I think it's a bug in the distribution (probably from
upstream).

The workaround I use is to let vmware authenticate it's users via
Kerberos (pam_krb5.so) instead of winbind - by using the AD Domain
Controller as a KDC the user does not see any difference.

What I'm surprised is that this works J: the pam_krb5.so comes from the
rpm package "pam_krb5", where I find both the i386 and the x86_64
version installed on my system, so I can use it with the VMware server
applications. On the other side pam_winbind.so comes from the rpm
package "samba-common", where only the x86_64 version of the package is
installed and so I'm missing the 32bit version of the library.

So I would say that's a bug - but I'm not sure if it's CentOS or (which
I would guess) it's the same in the upstream distribution. Could
probably anybody check this? And where can I file a bug report at the
upstream vendor J?

Best regards,

__

/homas Bleier