[CentOS] Kickstart install with a degraded raid array

Rick Barnes

linux at sitevision.com
Mon Jan 14 20:45:52 UTC 2008

Is it possible to install CentOS 5 with a degraded RAID 1 array using
kickstart? I have the kickstart file already created but the "server" I
want to use only has 1 hard drive in it at the moment. Until I can order
a 2nd drive, I wanted to install the OS then once I received the
replacement drive "fix" the array. I have seen instructions how to do
this manually, but so far have not been able to get it to work using
kickstart.

Anyone tried this in the past?

Thanks,
Rick