[CentOS] HP Autoloader

Joseph L. Casale

jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Fri Jan 18 05:31:51 UTC 2008

Hi,
I need to backup data to an HP autoloader, it needs to be *full* backups each time so using Amanda doesn't make sense.

Can someone point me to what utilities to use to access the autoloader, I would rather read up on this myself as my knowledge here is very weak. I am moving this unit from a windows environment running Backup Exec. I know all of those features won't be available but I was hoping to control in some predictable manner what tapes are used in what order to effectively partition the loader.

Thanks,
jlc