[CentOS] HP Autoloader

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:35:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 at 9:59am, Tom Brown wrote

>> I need to backup data to an HP autoloader, it needs to be *full* backups
>> each time so using Amanda doesn’t make sense.
>>
>> Can someone point me to what utilities to use to access the autoloader, I
>> would rather read up on this myself as my knowledge here is very weak. I am
>> moving this unit from a windows environment running Backup Exec. I know all
>> of those features won’t be available but I was hoping to control in some
>> predictable manner what tapes are used in what order to effectively
>> partition the loader.
>>

> i would still use amanda for this - that was she can look after the tape
> order etc and she can control mtx to use the robot.
>
> in the amanda.conf just have the number of tapes set to 1 so that she knows
> each night has to be a complete level0 or in your disk list state level0
> every time.

Actually, you would use "dumpcycle 0" to get amanda to do full backups
every run.  tapecycle should still be set to however many tapes you have
-- anything other than that and you lose amanda's ability to track the
tapes for you.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin