[CentOS] problem with firefox

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:10:25 UTC 2008

http://grokbase.com/post/2008/01/08/centos-probably-ot-has-anyone-else-seen-seamonkey-pop-without-warning/tDWRIeknQLrTmOfXX3pYvNIKIV4

> I, same as you, tried to use 2.0.0.x and was having the same things
> happen, even after cleaning my profile and creating a new one.
>
> I loaded Firefox 3 beta 2 and it hasn't crashed once on me. Perhaps try
> that one until someone can get to the bug.
>
> Regards,
> Max

I had a similar problem in SeaMonkey a while back, reported it as a bug, got
the nightly build of SeaMonkey from a week or so ago (I think I need a new
one), and it performed just fine for a while.  Now it has the same problem
again, so don't be too quick to absolve Firefox - other users have noticed
this, too.

I have sent in the crash dumps from this for analysis, so I suspect (hope?)
that the mozilla gurus are on their way to a fix.

I'll post when this is resolved.

mhr