[CentOS] HP Autoloader

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Fri Jan 18 19:21:02 UTC 2008

>Actually, you would use "dumpcycle 0" to get amanda to do full backups every run.  tapecycle should still be set to however >many tapes you have
>-- anything other than that and you lose amanda's ability to track the tapes for you.
>
>--
>Joshua Baker-LePain
>QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin
>UCSF

After reading through all the replies, it might be simple enough to use Bacula or Amanda. I had never seen Bacula before, and I have not found detailed info for Amanda and Autoloaders (Never used Amanda before).

What is simpler to use, Bacula or Amanda? Depending on that, I will look into either of those solutions.

Thanks everyone!
jlc