[CentOS] You can't get there from here

Rich Huff rich at richhuff.com
Fri Jan 18 22:31:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 14:11 -0700, Miark wrote:
> Having been accomodating about it in the past, the technical
> geniuses at Comcast have permanently blocked port 25, separating
> me (at my home office) from my employer's e-mail server.
>
> What can be done on the server side to keep Postfix listening on
> 25 _and_ accept my connections on some other port? Is there a
> Postfix solution? iptables maybe?

I have had similar problems with some of my hosting clients.
We configured postfix to also listen on port 2525 as follows:

In /etc/postfix/master.cf file, locate the lines that look like this:

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
     -o cleanup_service_name=pre-cleanup

Add the following lines right after them:

2525 inet n - n - - smtpd
     -o cleanup_service_name=pre-cleanup

Then just do a 'postfix reload' and you should be in business.

HTH,
Rich

Rich Huff <rich at richhuff.com>