[CentOS] service jexec

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Jan 20 09:53:59 UTC 2008

jarmo wrote:
> Started looking what services I actually having on and found
> this "jexec". Tried to google it and found some info, but do not
> understand its meaninig. Is it necessary and what does it do?
>
> Please, short explanation for "dummie" :D

that might be Apache Tomcat, or another J2EE services engine.

a few tricks...

if you wonder what package a file is part of, do something like..

    # rpm -qf /path/jexec

to finid out more about a specific package,

    # rpm -qi packagename

or even

    # rpm -ql packagename

(which lists all the files belonging to 'packagename'...  often
including documentation files)