[CentOS] Problems logging out....

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:25:50 UTC 2008

I just started having some trouble logging out from my CentOS 5.1 system.
For some reason, when I try to log out, the log out program hangs.  This
happens whether I click on the "Log Out" button or wait for the timeout.
When I looked, I somehow (I forget how) found out that the clock applet
would not go away.  However, when I separately killed the clock applet, the
session still refused to log out.  The only way I could get the session
logged out was to kill the gnome-session process (works like a charm).

I thought this might be related to the new xorg server update problem from
upstream, but the new one doesn't fix it (not surprised).

Any clues, or is this a gnome-only issue?

Thanks.

mhr