[CentOS] Re: simple script idea

Robert - elists lists07 at abbacomm.net
Mon Jan 21 17:10:16 UTC 2008

> >  - rh
> Sounds like a broken script in the package. Did you report it to Dag?

No, I didn't report to Dag

His package was doing what it was supposed to do after my yum remove of
clamav, and so it created a clamav user and group because it was a new
install... of course it didn't use the same uid and gid, yet how could it
know.

;->

He is on the list, and maybe I should pop an email to the request list or
related support list to see if I would have chosen the upgrade path if it
would have dealt properly with the change in that one clamav-server to just
clamav package part of it.

I think it is easier to ask here first since Centos 4 is the base.

Is that normal behavior for a user and group to be deleted when removing a
package like clamav with yum ???

Even it is is hand rolled?

I know it was hand rolled starting a long time ago... so I can dig 2 to 3
years back in my notes if you need more info.

Im guessing it is, yet I do not necessarily agree with it.

Maybe yum does yet rpm a more correct way would not or?

Thanks in advance  :-)

 - rh