[CentOS] Re: Random procmail filter failures.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Jan 22 16:40:37 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, at 2:35 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 7:23 AM, Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au> wrote:
>> Hi All (again).
>>
>> I am still at a loss on this one. Does anyone have any pointers for
>> me?
>
>    procmail at lists.rwth-aachen.de
>
> perhaps?

Hmm - thanks - that might be my next resort if I don't notice any
improvements.

>>> procmail: Couldn't create or rename temp file "/home/netwiz/
>>> Maildir/.CentOS-Discussion/new/msg.A"
>
> That ("msg.A") doesn't look like a file name that procmail would
> assign to a message in a maildir.  What is your actual procmail
> recipe?

That's what I thought, however, upon looking at the files in certain
maildir folders, there seems to be a lot along this line...  ie:
msg.ZZ22:2,Sa
msg.6G42:2,S
msg.6GygB:2,Sa
msg.BN32:2,S
etc etc etc.

Some are also formatted like the one below.

>>> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/home/netwiz/Maildir/new/
>>> 1199459595.7065_1.zeus.crc.id.au"
>
> That, on the other hand, DOES look like a procmail file name.
>
> I suspect pilot error.

That I'm not too sure about. It's pretty basic setup:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
LOGFILE=$HOME/pm.log
VERBOSE=on

## CentOS Disussion List
:0
* (To|Cc).*centos at centos.org*
{
         :0
         .CentOS-Discussion/
}

All the other rules are variations on the above (usually just changing
the email address and the destination folder.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au