[CentOS] How can i share my WAN ip to my LAN?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:32:44 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 14:52:19 Alain Spineux wrote:
> Of course the main idea is to avoid to have a non firewall dedicated
> linux (like centos is) configured by
> someone without to much network knowledge be in front of Internet.

I'd really recommend going for the router.  They are not very expensive and
easier to set up than most dsl modems.  A built-in firewall comes with most,
and better ones have easily configured port-forwarding if/when you come to
need it.  My Netgear DG634G has all that and wireless too.  And the best
thing is that it has a really good we-based interface (most use web-based,
but not all are good in terms of well-explained and easy to configure).

Anne