[CentOS] Cyrus-Imapd Sieve Unable to connect to server

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:14:40 UTC 2008

On 1/22/08, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you know if sieve implementation on cyrus-imapd package is working
> > correctly ? When trying to connect to timsieved at localhost with
> > sieveshell I'm getting the following error:
> >
> > $ sieveshell --user=al --authname=cyrus localhost
> > connecting to localhost
> > unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 169
> >
> > The configuration on /etc/cyrus.conf is by defult. Port 2000 is
> > listening on all tcp interfaces. This port is not open in Iptables
> > configuration.
> >

> Sure the CentOS 5 default cyrus.conf uses SASL auxprop with sasldb plugin?

Don't know :(. I haven't touch /etc/cyrus.conf. Just /etc/imapd.conf
to use auxprop. Should I modify /etc/cyrus.conf ? This is my first
experience with sieve configuration.

> > >From localhost, when trying imtest, authentication works fine ... I'm
> > using auxprop with sasldb2 here in a CentOS 5.0 box.
> >
> > Some idea ?
> >
> What does `sivtest' tell you?

S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-1.1.el5"
S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0