[CentOS] DVD support on CentOS 5.1

Sysadmin at dte.net

Thu Jan 24 06:08:04 UTC 2008

Hello out there!

Been around the block trying to get DVD support for Totem, but I keep
running into dead ends everywhere I go. Looking for CentOS 5.1-compatible
xine and xine-lib packages as that seems to be the answer, but the only ones
I find (like on DAG) seem to be just dead links or I get a message that the
mirrors are unavailable when I try to run the rpm.

Can anyone provide a link for rpm's that will provide DVD support on CentOS
5.1 32bit? I installed the Gstream rpm's so at least I have mp3 and mpeg
support, I just really want DVD support as well.

Many thanks in advance,

Manuel Alvarez

P.S. If anyone can chime in the question below I would greatly appreciate
it. I still have no idea on this one.  L