[CentOS] ReiserFS

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Jan 28 08:03:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is their any gotcha when using ResiserFs as a file system?

We used reiserfs for a while on SuSE systems thinking that it
would be OK because it was the default.  Unfortunately I have had
several occassions where we had massive data loss with reiserfs
so haven't used for several years.

We moved to ext3 on the ``/'' file system with xfs on other file
systems on SuSE with no problems.  The ext3 systems seem to be
bullet proof, and xfs doesn't require fsck in most cases.

We have used ext3 on all the CentOS systems as it doesn't support
xfs in the default configuration.

Bill

DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by
     UNIX.  See also MS-DOS, IBM-DOS, DR-DOS.