[CentOS] Cron on certain days?

Michael D. Kralka michael.kralka at kvs.com
Mon Jan 28 19:38:01 UTC 2008

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> Is it possible for me to schedule cron to say run script A on the first
> Friday of the month, script B on the second Friday of the month, script
> C, etc.?

Yes. You just need to specify the "day of the week" and a "day of the
month" with a range that can only happen for the first occurrence of the
particular day in question:

	00 12 1-7 * Fri command-for-first-friday-of-month
	00 12 8-14 * Fri command-for-second-friday-of-month

Remember, cron must match *ALL* date/time specifiers.

I have not tested this, so it may not work as advertised.

Cheers,
Michael