[CentOS] centos 5.0/5.1 nfs kickstart

Adam Miller

amiller at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:46:53 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with something and was wondering if anyone
else has encountered this or knows what the problem is.

I have one computer I would like to kickstart a centos 5.0 or 5.1 install.

I have another computer which is the tftpboot server and contains the
centos 5.0 and centos 5.1 install directories

I wish to do the kickstart over nfs and my network is using MTU of 4500.
The machine will kickstart to the point of fetching the kickstart script
from the server, but soon after stop responding.

The machine is not locked but seems to be waiting on network traffic.

Are there any known issues with kickstarting over nfs with jumbo frames?

Thanks!
Adam