[CentOS] Resizing a fat filesystem on a USB partition

Dogsbody

dan at dogsbody.org
Tue Jan 29 15:57:08 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I feel this is the most simple question but I am currently going around
and round in circles and searches keep bringing me up Windows tools!! :-(

I have a 512MB USB drive that has a 12MB FAT16 partition on it.  How can
I resize this 12MB partition to grow and fill the whole 512MB drive?

Just in case I am being stupid, here is what I am doing...  :-)
I would like a quick USB drive that a machine can boot from but will
then load and run some custom tools we have.  I have done a...
  dd if=/mirrors/centos/5/os/i386/images/diskboot.img of=/dev/sda
... which gives the 12MB partition but now I want to grow it so I can
then add my own apps.

Thank you very much in advance

Regards, Dan