[CentOS] centos 5.0/5.1 nfs kickstart

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Jan 29 17:53:23 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> But what's the point, when the installer knows how to deal with images
> directly and if you want a package later you'll probably let yum get a
> current version from the repositories anyway?

Actually I almost never use yum. Thought about it on occasion, RPMS
are installed via cfengine so I can ensure all of the versions are
the same on all systems. Bulk upgrades I run yum update on a test
system, collect the rpms, and push out a script via cfengine which
does a bulk upgrade with rpm.

We tried setting up our own repository for stuff but it seemed
more difficult to manage than it was worth at the time.

nate