[CentOS] Rebuilding PHP: how do I manage updates?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jan 29 18:32:02 UTC 2008

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Johnny Hughes a écrit :
>>
>> If you had to add a switch to the configure file (you said
>> --with-xslt-sablot) then it probably not the same.
>
> So, in short, the only way to update rebuilt packages (since they figure
> in yum.conf's exclude= line) is to track the presence of updates, then
> download the updated SRPM, rebuild it and then rpm -Uvh the result?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct.

If the libraries/files that are produced are separate when using that
option, you can split them out as a separate rpm ... and maybe you can
continue to use the base RPMS from centos and keep yours separately.

If it modifies the (or compiles differently) the files in existing
packages, then yes you will have to track and rebuild them every time.