[CentOS] Resizing a fat filesystem on a USB partition

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Jan 29 23:33:19 UTC 2008

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

> Look for gnu parted. There are a couple of live cds out there with it, like
> "Parted Magic" and others.
>
> Parted can resize fat and ntfs file systems among others.

And Gparted provides a very partition-magic like X11 interface to parted(?),
I don't see it part of the standard CentOS 5.1 distribution, I've
only used it under Ubuntu, and it can resize FAT32/NTFS etc no
problem(not sure about FAT16).

$ apt-cache show gparted
Package: gparted
[..]
 GParted uses libparted to detect and manipulate devices and partition
 tables while several (optional) filesystem tools provide support for
 filesystems not included in libparted.

nate