[CentOS] Where is gpg-agent?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:35:26 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 19:42, Mark Pryor wrote:
> --- Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > The only obstacle now to running this box as the
> > mail server is that I do read
> > and send mail on it occasionally, while working on
> > something.  I need
> > gpg-agent, but can't find how to get it.  Is it
> > merged into another package,
> > or do I simply have to look at other repositories?
>
> Setup the repo below in YUM
>
> #cd /etc/yum.repos.d
> #wget
> http://centos.karan.org/kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo
> #yum install GnuPG2 --enablerepo=kbs-CentOS-Testing

Hi, Mark.  I only found this today, as some messages got mis-filed during the
copying over to the new server.

I've installed it, but I have big problems with gpg on this box.  Whenever
there is a signature to be checked I get runaway cpu usage and gpg has to be
killed.

At various times I have used different methods for stopping/starting
gpg-agent.  I used to use /env and /shutdown scripts under .kde.  Then later
I used the statement "eval `gpg-agent --daemon`" in .bash_profile.  I've
tried both methods in CentOS, but both give me these runaway problems.  After
a few of them kmail crashes and the trustdb gets corrupted.  Maybe I should
try to remove everything connected with gpg and reinstall?

As to starting and stopping gpg-agent, please advise the best method to use.

Anne