[CentOS] Add more space to LVM

Thu Jan 17 15:32:42 UTC 2008
Todd Reed <treed at astate.edu>

I have a database server that is running out of space.  All my databases
are being stored in a 80G /opt partition.  Because I'm using LVM,
wouldn't I be able to pop the HDDs (a h/w raid volume) in, add it to the
LVM, and resize my ext3 /opt partition?  Everything that I've been
reading says this is possible, but I'm not sure.  Has anyone done this
and are there any pitfalls to watch out for?  Is there a better way?
I've thought about just rebuilding the server and restoring the
databases from a backup on the new setup.  Any suggestions on proper
path would be appreciated.  I'm running the current version of CentOS 5.

Regards,

Todd