[CentOS] Possibly OT: FreeNX and Gnome Language

Sat Jan 19 17:33:58 UTC 2008
Alex White <ethericalzen at gmail.com>

If this is too far off topic please let me know and I'll send this
to the Gnome list or something.

Today I recently had a thai friend want to experience linux. Their
limitation is language of course. I set up an account for my friend
and had them log in after changing through GDM their language
preferences to Thai. The Thai language shows up for me when I log
in as the user on the machine.

I read several posts notably the following:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-August/003967.html

I attempted to accomplish this with those instructions and end up
with a whole lot of fail. I assume I am misunderstanding something
very basic because the user still is presented with an English
desktop when they login through nx.

I also tried the following trick of editing their ~/.dmrc to
provide the language environment, but unless you login through gdm
(as I read from google searches) this file is skipped.

Has anyone encountered this and come up with a solution? Or is
there a way to refine my google search in some way to provide
better information for me? I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely

ethericalzen at gmail.com
Life is a prison, death is a release