[CentOS] SELinux contexts for krb5

Tue Jan 22 19:26:59 UTC 2008
Timothy Selivanow <timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com>

I have just migrated my Kerberos setup to a new machine (running inside
Xen) and it is complaining at startup about the file contexts not being
correct, even after running /sbin/fixfiles.  On the previous machine I'm
sure I had set SELinux to permissive and that's why it never complained.

Here are the contexts *after* running /sbin/fixfiles -R krb5-server
restore

# ls -AlZ /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/
-rw-------  root root
system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_conf_t .k5.BEAV.VIRTUALXISTENZ.COM
-rw-r--r--  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_conf_t kadm5.acl
-rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_conf_t kadm5.keytab
-rw-r--r--  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_conf_t kdc.conf
-rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_principal_t principal
-rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_principal_t
principal.kadm5
-rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_principal_t
principal.kadm5.lock
-rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:krb5kdc_principal_t principal.ok

I suspect the file permissions are slightly off and therefore it's not
correctly detecting the configuration files.  How can I find out what
the owner/group/mode of the file should be?  It seems like this would be
a simple thing, but at the moment it is escaping me...

--Tim
< Look!  A ladder!  Maybe it leads to heaven, or a sandwich! >
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )