[CentOS] No sound after hibernate

Mon Jan 28 07:22:50 UTC 2008
Olaf Mueller <daily-planet at istari.de>

Hello,

if I hibernate my notebook, suspend to disk in package
hibernate-tuxonice-1.97-1cubbi2, with CentOS 5 and Kde 3.5.8 the sound
isn't working any more after waking it up. So I try to disable the
sound modules in /etc/hibernate/blacklisted-modules, but this failes
with a 'Some modules failed to unload' error message.
Also 'rmmod MODULNAME' failed with a 'is in use' error message.

# hibernate
Some modules failed to unload: snd_hda_intel snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec snd_mixer_oss snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm snd_timer snd_mixer_oss
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm snd_timer snd snd_mixer_oss
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm snd_timer snd soundcore
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm snd_page_alloc

What is the recommended procedure to disable sound, unload all the
sound modules and reload them after hibernation?
Thank you very much!

regards
Olaf