[CentOS] nForce 630i Chipset, unable to get integrated nic working

Wed Jan 2 21:47:47 UTC 2008
David Levinger <iskondi at gmail.com>

I haven't tried compiling directly with gcc, mostly because I don't know the
right way to go about it, although a co-worker of mine is going to try and
help me out with that tomorrow. (Going to bring the system into work). I
know that Fedora 8 is much more the bleeding edge and assumed it would have
more support for newer hardware, hence why I tried it.

I only have basic understandings of the differences between the versions but
I think it is something like this:

RHEL - Version sold by Redhat, not the latest and greatest but solid
Centos - Same as above by re-released GNU Public License style
Fedora - Much more bleeding edge, but updated quite frequently

Please feel free to let me know more if there are more specific differences
that might aid my understandings :-)

I appreciate all the feedback guys!

Also, Laurentiu Coica, when I try and run make against the Makefile example
that you sent over it says there is "nothing to do for default" but I'm sure
I'm doing something stupid. I'm going to bring the system into work tomorrow
and hopefully I'll be able to get farther with the aid of my coworking being
able to see what it is that I'm doing wrong. I'd much prefer to figure out
what I need to do to get Centos 5.1 functional then go with Fedora 8, but
we'll see how far I get.

Once again, thanks to both of you and everyone else that took the time to
read, I'm learning a lot :-)

David

Laurentiu Coica