[CentOS] Re: OT: How many watts do I need?

Thu Jan 3 04:06:31 UTC 2008
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id>

On Thursday 03 January 2008 10:05:04 Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Sorry for the OT thing.
> > I'm helping a friend setting up a new box. It's a Pentium 4 with 430Watt
> > power supply. He wants to plugin his old harddrives and DVD into the new
> > box. The total will be: 3 harddrives, 1 DVD drive, 1 CDRW drive. In the
> > box there are also 2 big fans.
> >
> > Is 430Watt enough?
>
> What brand?

The brand is Symbadda (made in Taiwan). A popular brand here in Indonesia, but
I don't know the quality.

The reason why I ask is that I lost 2 harddrives from I suspect that the lack
of power from power supply. Surely I don't want the same misfortune happens
to my friend's box.

Well, anyway. Thanks for all sharing. I will inform him about this.
http://linux2.arinet.org
11:06:27 up 3:44, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.