[CentOS] iptables

Thu Jan 3 11:40:57 UTC 2008

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running iptables on centos 4.5 and 5 boxes.
>
> Now , I have requirements to enable below features.
>
> Gateway level antivirus, anti spyware and intrusion preventions,
> content filtering, etc.
>
> I googled a bit. But, Still no luck to find proper Docs to enable these.

what did you google for and what were the results ? most of what you
need to get done is better addressed on other projects lists. I suggest
you start at freshmeat.net and follow it up with the relevant project.

> Can Iptables meet these features? If possible, Pls let me know some
> documentations that say How to set up these.

neither iptables nor anything shipped in centos is going to do all that
for you.

btw, you seem to repeatedly ask very novice questions on this list,
mostly having done absolutely no research or efforts on your part. I
would recommend you change that. Also, you seem to almost never ever get
involved with or make any efforts to help people in  any conversations -
thats not a very nice way to behave on mailing lists. Having been on the
list for over a year, I am sure you are competent enough to contribute
in  more constructive manner.