[CentOS] Random files in homedir gets deleted

Fri Jan 4 10:18:25 UTC 2008
Radu Radutiu <rradutiu at gmail.com>

Hi you can try to use the kernel audit facility:

1) enable the auditd daemon:

service auditd start

2) enable audit for the home directory (only audit write operations to
the directory inode); the command is not recursive and you cannot use
wildcards

auditctl -w /home/user -pw

3) after a file disapears use ausearch to find who removed it (and
what command was used to remove it); suppose file "test" was removed

ausearch -f /home/user/test

Radu