[CentOS] Re: Weird crash with CentOS 5.1

Sat Jan 5 01:45:40 UTC 2008
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

Hi

On Jan 5, 2008 2:46 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> AFAIR that is fakeraid anyway. Maybe one of the drives is having a problem.
> Could be that the dmraid driver isn't as robust as software raid with drive
> problems. You could eliminate the hardware (except the drives) by swapping
> drives from one of the known working machines into this one and see what
> happens. IF it borks, bad hardware, if not, bad drives or bad install.

It may be fakeraid,, but it's the only RAID solution that will work in
both Windows and Linux and allow to transfer files between both
system.
If I were to use linux software raid, I wouldn't be able to access the
linux partition under windows.

I doubt it's a hardware issue for the following reasons:
1-Windows works fine with intensive disk activity
2-Fedora 8 works fine too.
3-It's only Centos kernel that crashes when using those drives.

Jean-Yves