[CentOS] Is it possible to install Fedora 8 kernel with CentOS 5.1 installation?

Sat Jan 5 12:51:05 UTC 2008
Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk>

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've experienced crashes with all CentOS 5 kernel.
> I tried Fedora 8 and it runs fine..
>
> So is there an easy way to install and run the Fedora 8 kernel on my
> CentOS 5.1 machine ?

I tried rebuilding the F8 kernel SRPM on a centos 5.1 box, but
the generated RPM wouldn't install.

I managed to build a vanilla 2.6.23.12 using the .config from
the F8 kernel as a template. It seems to work.

I needed a newer saa7134 driver.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk