[CentOS] MyhtTV or Freevo or something else?

Thu Jan 3 21:16:38 UTC 2008
Mindaugas <ml at kilimas.com>

> > >  Which one of the Linux projects would you suggest and why? MythTV,
> > > Freevo or something else? Is CentOS good for such task or I should
> > > better use some more bleeding edge distribution like Fedora?
> > >
> > As a first project, check out mythdora.  It is a Fedora based
> > MythTV 'distro'.  I installed it as a demo for a LUG (ie, in
> > less than 2 hours).  Also check the hardware discussions on
> > the mythtv wiki/website.
> >
> > http://g-ding.tv/?q=MythDora
>
> May also want to check out Linux MCE...it is *very* slick, very easy to
> install.
>
> http://www.linuxmce.com/

  So basically suggestion is MythTV not Freevo!?

  And I checked hardware suggestions for both projects. And more or less they are clear. Also saw that 1080p stream decoding needs quite decent CPU.

  Mindaugas