[CentOS] can't install pptp client

Sun Jan 6 22:58:35 UTC 2008
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com>

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Yep, i built all these deps and you can find them on my 'little and
> temp' repo : http://rpms.arrfab.net/centos/5/i386/repodata/ (see
> http://rpms.arrfab.net to know how to use it )
> I'm sure everything is there becausei needed it to connect to some
> customers' networks that use that stupid and poor pptp/mppe
> protocol .. ;-)

Ok... I finally got everything installed, however when ever I run the
client and establish a connection, the moment any data begins to pass
back and forth the entire system locks up tight and requires a hardboot
to clear things up.

I wonder since this laptop is an Athlon X2 (x86_64) based system is it
possible that mixing i386 and x86_64 packages could make the system
unstable?

btw.. thank you very much for the info directing me to your repo.
emmensely helpful.

Mark