[CentOS] /etc/passwd aand /etc/shadow out of sync on 4.6 box

Mon Jan 7 04:12:22 UTC 2008
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 00:39 -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:

> > 	Any pointers to info on this are greatly appreciated.
>
> Just edit the file.  It's fine.

	Rock-n-roll, man.  That did the trick.  You know, there would probably
be use for a tool that checked the files and made sure they weren't out
of sync.  Isn't pam supposed to have that capability?  I have avoided
reading/learning anything about it for years.  And I mean YEARS.  Maybe
I'll take a peek and see what's in there.  And maybe I'll get off my @$$
and figure out Bind/DNS.

	Right.  And maybe Microsoft will change the licensing for Windows to
GPL.

Anyway, thanks much,
Joe