[CentOS] nForce 630i Chipset, unable to get integrated nic working

Mon Jan 7 00:48:51 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

David Levinger wrote on Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:29:13 -0800:

> I did read the README.txt file and at the end it does indeed talk about
> compiling the file, and if I knew enough about how all of this works it
> might have made more sense... What it says is, "For forcedeth.ko, just copy
> the forcedeth.c and Makefile to the same directory then make it." However
> there was no Makefile included...

but there is one!
> NV_Linux_DRV_PKG_v1.23/RHEL5/source/Makefile
as mentioned by Laurentiu. Copy that in the directory where forcedeth.c
resides (or do it the other way around or copy both in a new directory).

> And I agree that it didn't /seem/ to support my Chipset, but the Realtek
> Driver which should support it doesn't seem to work either, and on Fedora 8
> it is using a newer version of the forcedeth driver so I figured I'd give it
> a go.

That driver is from March or so. I really doubt it supports your chipset. But
if I were in the same situation I'd probably try, anyway, yes ;-)

I have a feeling I'm going to end up returning this board for a Intel
> based Chipset and see if I have better luck with that.

Did you try that nvnews.net forum yet? Maybe it's really that you need a
Realtek driver and just somehow got the wrong one. They should know.

Good luck.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany