[CentOS] password aging for openldap in Centos 4.5

Wed Jan 9 02:58:12 UTC 2008
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 04:37 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> tblader wrote:
> > Anyone have password aging working in Openldap 2.2.13-7 on Centos?
> > The system continues to prompt for a new password regardless of
> > whether it's been changed or not.
> > Thanks
>
> Not sure how you are using openldap for authentication ... but if you
> are doing it via samba+openldap, there are 3 passwords that could be
> changed.
>
> More info is going to be required to help figure out the problem.
----
something changed with last CentOS 5 update because I ran into that too
(or so it was reported to me).

Some users were asked to change their password (Mac users on one
network, Windows users on another). The constant was of course OpenLDAP
and I suppose that something in pam was driving it and not samba.

Anyway, system never asked me to change my password(s) which I don't
fully understand but I do have to take the users word for it that it
happened.

Craig