[CentOS] Re: NFS problems with CentOS 4.5

Thu Jan 10 16:39:39 UTC 2008
Mark Belanger <mark_belanger at ltx.com>

Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> Mark Belanger wrote:
>> We are currently using mount options of:
>> rw,nosuid,bg,timeo=50,retry=1
>> And have also tried:
>> rw,intr,bg,proto=tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
>> without success.
>
> This might be a silly question, but does /proc/mounts show the "hard"
> option? You need this unless you like getting R/W errors when you get a lot
> of traffic. I can't remember what the default for CentOS 4.5 is

Yes.  It shows:
rw,nosuid,v3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,tcp,lock,proto=tcp,timeo=50,retrans=5,addr=myhost 0 0

This really seems like a client side issue.  The targeted NFS dirs
range from CentOS 3.x hosts to NetApp filers.  All exhibit the same
problem and all work fine when our builds are run on CentOS3.x or
Solaris

-Mark

--
Mark Belanger