[CentOS] Centos 5 Samba File Server dropping files

Fri Jan 11 02:54:12 UTC 2008
Christopher Chan <christopher at ias.com.hk>

Christopher Chan wrote:
> J wrote:
>> Twice I've gotten the report that a user has attempted to move a
>> folder of many files up one level, and all of the files disappeared.
>> Searching for the files in the share proves that they aren't there any
>> more, nor are they where they should have been moved to.  I
>> desperately need to find the cause of this.  Has anyone else seen this
>> happen on their file server?
>
> I think you are the first report for such a thing that I have ever heard.

I have stayed in Hong Kong far too long. Please let me rephrase that.

I think yours is the first report for such a thing that I have ever
heard/I think you are the first to report such a thing.