[CentOS] Re: What is connect-debounce wrt usb?

Mon Jan 14 20:47:53 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 1/14/2008 11:55 AM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
> I get the following message on a Centos 5 system (really a Trixbox 2.4
> build on Centos 5):
>
> Jan 14 00:12:28 sip2 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: connect-debounce failed, port
> 1 disabled
>

> What does this mean?
>
> This message occurs about 30 times/sec for about 45 sec.  Then my
> Bluetooth token starts up.

Your USB device or its cable has a poor connection. Can you try it in another
port?
The debouncing is supposed to cover for the rapid make-break that would appear
to the system as you plug/unplug a device. Yours seems to have a less than
tight connection, and that is why you get the debounce errors. It could be a
loose port or a bad cable at either end.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and