[CentOS] Re: Re: Re: What libs req'd to resolve DNS within achroot jail?

Mon Jan 14 23:59:14 UTC 2008
Eric B. <ebenze at hotmail.com>

"William L. Maltby" <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
wrote in message
news:1200354890.5507.35.camel at centos01.homegroannetworking...

>> > It looks like there is a missing trailing dot in your DNS zone
>> > configuration. I doubt you are authoritative for the in-addr.arpa zone.
>> >
>> > in your zone file, you should have something like
>> > 103 IN PTR eric.test.example.
>> > (notice the last dot). Otherwise, the zone name (@ORIGIN) will be
>> > added.
>> >

>> > make sure you have a matching reverse _and_ forward resolution. you
>> > should get something like:
>> >
>> > 192.168.3.103 => eric.test.example
>> > _and_
>> > eric.test.example => 192.168.3.103
>> >
>> > If you only have the reverse lookup, the result is untrusted and sane
>> > applications should ignore it.
>>

>> Thanks for the pointer.  Indeed, I was missing the trailing . after my
>> FQDN
>> in my revers file.  I have updated my reverse files, and nslookup is
>> resolving better, but still not further ahead.
>>
>> My reverse file: 3.168.192.in-addr.arpa now contains the following line:
>> 103             IN PTR  eric.test.com.
>>

>> If I try nslookups now, my results are as follows:
>>
>> # nslookup 192.168.3.103
>> Server:         192.168.1.67
>> Address:        192.168.1.67#53
>>
>> 103.103.168.192.in-addr.arpa    name = eric.test.com.
>>
>> # nslookup eric.test.com
>> Server:         192.168.1.67
>> Address:        192.168.1.67#53
>>
>> Name:   eric.test.com
>> Address: 192.168.3.103
>>

>> So from that, it seems as though the DNS / rDNS are properly configured,
>> does it not?  Similarly, I have both the forward and reverse domain name
>> on
>> the DNS server as the nslookups show.  However, I still get the same
>> error
>> msg:
>> Jan 14 17:46:50 apollo atftpd[15905]: Connection refused from
>> 192.168.103.103
>              AAA
> Correct? -----|||

Whoops - cut & paste typo.  That line is supposed to read:
Jan 14 17:46:50 apollo atftpd[15905]: Connection refused from 192.168.3.103