[CentOS] Kickstart install with a degraded raid array

Tue Jan 15 01:05:38 UTC 2008
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id>

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 03:45:52 Rick Barnes wrote:
> Is it possible to install CentOS 5 with a degraded RAID 1 array using
> kickstart? I have the kickstart file already created but the "server" I
> want to use only has 1 hard drive in it at the moment. Until I can order
> a 2nd drive, I wanted to install the OS then once I received the
> replacement drive "fix" the array. I have seen instructions how to do
> this manually, but so far have not been able to get it to work using
> kickstart.

I haven't done it. But the man page of mdam says:
 -f, --force
              Insist that mdadm accept  the  geometry  and  layout  specified
              without question.  Normally mdadm will not allow creation of an
              array with only one device, and will  try  to  create  a  raid5
              array  with one missing drive (as this makes the initial resync
              work faster).  With --force,  mdadm  will  not  try  to  be  so
              clever.

Maybe it's possible.
http://linux2.arinet.org
08:05:34 up 55 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.