[CentOS] Re: PHP 5.2.5 when ?

Tue Jan 15 19:33:29 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Bart wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> Bart wrote:
>>> Well, life is not that black and white, luckily ;)
>>>
>>> Try authenticating with PHP to MySQL using certificates. That won't
>>> work with the current PHP release shipped with RHEL/CentOS. There's a
>>> bug in PHP 5.1 and it's fixed in 5.2. Since this is not a security
>>> bug, but just missing (of wrongly implemented) functionality, it's
>>> probably not going to be back ported.
>>>
>>> Since certificates (and PKI) are a pretty hot item these days, an
>>> upgrade can be very useful.
>>>
>>> Just an idea that upgrading is not always about having the latest and
>>> greatest.. ;)
>>
>> Did you file a bug that says, hey ... your php is broken like this,
>> here is what it will not do ?
>>
>> If so, what is the upstream bug so I can track it ... if not, why not :D
>>
> No, we did not ;) We opened a Service Request at RHEL, and asked them if
> php bug #37620 will be fixed, or if they will upgrade to php 5.2. The
> response we got was that RH is selling RH Application Stack v2, which
> does include php 5.2. And they asked us if there is an CVEs related to
> this bug..
>
> Bottom line was.. either buy the application stack, or hand over the
> CVEs. Since this bug is not security related, there is no  CVEs.

Is this what you are talking about???

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=37620

and if so, explain how that affects PKI authorization and I will be glad
to file a bug and make lots of community noise ...

Or if you would, file a bug on bugs.centos.org that explains exactly how
pki cna not be used with php and I will file an upstream bug to see if
they will fix it.

Now, they will not fix every bug, but non-functional PKI is one I think
that they will address.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes