[CentOS] location of sg.c on distro CDs

Wed Jan 16 20:21:28 UTC 2008
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008, Paul Heinlein wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Ray Leventhal wrote:
>
>>I find I'm in need of sg.c and can't seem to locate the rpm for the
>>generic scsi driver on my CentOS5 CD's.
>>
>>Might someone point me in the right place, please?
>
>Normally, I'd suggest running
>
>  yum provides sg.c
>
>but it comes up empty on my CentOS 5 box.

I don't see an sg.c file in any of the RPMS in the distribution,
using a utility I wrote that extracts the contents of all
packages into a file.

There is an sg.h file which is part of the glibc-headers package.

The sg.ko files are in various kernel-2.6.* packages.

Bill

The essence of all slavery consists in taking the produce of another's
labor by force. It is immaterial whether this force be founded on ownership
of the slave or ownership of the money that he must get to live on.
    Leo Tolstoy 1891