[CentOS] Openoffice.org Gimp

Thu Jan 17 16:10:38 UTC 2008
Alex White <ethericalzen at gmail.com>

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:55:41 +0200
jarmo <oh1mrr at nic.fi> took out a #2 pencil and scribbled:

> Just wondering, what's the roadmap for OO to be upgraded.
> I have version 2.0.4 and official is already in 2.3.x and suppose
> in march there's going to be 2.4 version.
>
> As well as Gimp, we using 2.2 and there is 2.4.x
>
> Anyone heard upstream roadmap for upgrading?
>
> Jarmo

Generally speaking, I believe there will be upgrades to those apps
when upstream upgrades those apps. Someone will correct me if I'm
wrong. If you really really want the updated versions, you can yum
remove openoffice and install the rpms from OpenOffice.Org with
minimal hassle if any at all. I did not have problems with the
packages from OO.O; YMMV of course.

I am not sure for GIMP; however, sorry. I don't use it very often.

HTH

Alex White

ethericalzen at gmail.com
Life is a prison, death is a release