[CentOS] Scalix Doesn't recommend Centos... Use Zimbra instead ;-)

Thu Jan 17 22:08:28 UTC 2008
redhat at mckerrs.net <redhat at mckerrs.net>

Look at their website (http://www.scalix.com/community/communityedition/index.php) , they state;

System Requirements
Operating Systems Supported 	Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 or 5.0
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.0 or 10.0
Fedora 7*, CentOS 4*, 5*
SUSE Linux Open Source Software (OSS) 10.1*
RAM 	1GB
Disk Space 	200 MB for base installation>
+ Space for user mailboxes
+ Space for client caches equivalent to 15% of data being indexed
+ 30% additional for LVM snapshot
In-Place Upgrades

If you’ve deployed Community Edition on a currently supported platform, when you’re ready to upgrade, your upgrade experience will be seamless. Upgrading Community Edition on a supported platform to Small Business Edition or Enterprise Edition involves an in-place, license key-only upgrade that can be performed without any user disruption – even while users are logged in and active.
Download Now

Download Scalix Community Edition now and experience for yourself our feature-rich, commercial-grade email and calendaring solution.

*These distributions are not recommended for production because of the frequency of upgrades.

Notice the '*' next to centos 4 and 5 and then the footnote ? Obviously they are sadly mistaken, 'cause as we all know they are almost identical to the Redhat EL 4 and 5 and therefore have almost identical frequency of updates.

Who should set the record straight for them ? Someone with an email address that ends @centos.org no doubt.

believed to be clean.